The most important part of the year for any ecommerce business is almost here.
Did you start working on your creative strategy yet?
Today we review each holiday and bring you some tips for you to consider when planning your creative and content strategy.
September & October
During these two months we want to work on awareness. The main focus will be warming the pixel by having a high reach and creating engagement among your audience. We will build awareness and reach an audience as broad as possible in order to retarget those users during the sales period to increase conversions.
The ads during this period of the year should focus on helping people identify which products meet their preferences and are most relevant by focusing the message on quality, utility or affordability.
In order to create a good ad, list all the reasons that should encourage users to buy your product, as well as the product’s benefits and motives and present it all together.
Read More: 5 Best Practices for Ecommerce Facebook Ad Creatives
The month of November will be all about conversion.
The Black Friday Shopping Week starting on the 23rd of November and ending with Cyber Monday on the 30th is the biggest sales period of the year.
Due to the Covid19, this Q4 is expected to be more digitized than ever. Product discovery and purchases will occur online at a higher percentage than previous years.
Some of the main points to keep in mind when preparing your creative strategy for BFCM are:
- Relevance: In the case of BFCM that relevance is the percentage off, by mentioning an specific percentage off or discount, you can increase the relevance of your ads.
- Clarity: Make the ad clear and straightforward.
- Urgency: Add urgency to your ads by adding flash sales or by showing the product is limited in stock.
- Distraction: Remove any kind of distraction from your ad. Instead of explaining what the product is about, mention exactly the product name, the percentage off, and a benefit.
- Value: Create ads showing the product qualities, features, and benefits. You can create different ads based on each element and combine it with the discount or offer.
- Powerful words: Include words in your ads such as free, black friday, promotion, deal, discounts
Read More: Killer eCommerce Facebook Ad Examples in 2020
December & January
And finally December and January, including several holidays which are as important to ecommerce such as:
- Free Shipping Day, on the 14th of December of 2020, please take into consideration that the items must be delivered before Christmas Eve, as this is the main incentive for users to purchase during this day and not being delivered on time might cause your business bad reviews.
- Boxing Day is December’s highest traffic day on mobile, the day right after Christmas, and it is a fun time. Take advantage of the excitement that comes from sharing the Christmas gifts on social media.
Create photo competitions and have customers share photos of their gift, or offer a % off on Boxing day to anyone who shares a Christmas photo.
- After Christmas Sales, one offer that can incentivize users to purchase more right after Christmas is offering a “buy one, give one” special that delivers one item to a known charity. This can inspire shoppers to be generous and spend more.
Another offer is “free gift with each purchase” consider offering a small giveaway with each purchase, a t-shirt, a mug, a sample.. And even better add your logo on it.
- In New Year, do it all over again, after holiday sales, free shipping, discounts.. Keep the momentum going and bring back the customers for a second round of sales.
Offer a “loyalty reward”, give your most loyal customers the opportunity to try a new product first hand and offer a discount.
Take advantage of the “New year’s resolutions”:
– Focus on promoting health, exercise, diet plans…
– Encourage users to reinvent themselves by using ad copies like: “new year, new you”
– Promote productivity and fulfillment: “do more of what makes you happy”, “treat yourself”.
Use the New year sales to promote new upcoming products, build urgency and anticipation.
And this is it for me, please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions and remember,
if you are spending over $500 a day and you want to scale your brand.
Book a call below:
Until next time 😉