How do you start your journey of becoming a Media Buying Professional?
Are you thinking of changing or upgrading your career, or would like to work at a Social Media Agency? Maybe you just want to boost your own business? The best you can do to start off with is to complete the Facebook Blueprint courses and gain the Facebook certification. Once you’ve got certified, every employer and client will see your competency in designing a complete Facebook marketing strategy.
I’m going to share with you the insights and experiences I got while doing the course. 🙂 Let’s check them out together!
The Facebook Blueprint
The Facebook Blueprint is a free e-learning platform, where you can start your journey to become a professional Media Buyer. The courses provide a step-by-step module-based learning route. The beginner course is available in several languages, which makes a little bit easier for non-English natives to get introduced to the basics. But, as you aim for the professional level, I would suggest starting already from the beginning in English.
The Facebook Certified Media Buying Professional Training
The Facebook Certified Media Buying Professional training is the highest level of FB certification (except the developer courses). To get there, I suggest starting from the beginning to have a concrete base to build on. Even if you are working as a Media Buyer currently, you should go through at least the 400-101 module. Believe me – you will need this while doing the tests! 🙂
The training is divided into four main topics. First, as an introduction, you will learn to get started in Ads- and Business manager. You will familiarise yourself with the ad review process; realise what content is acceptable for your ad’s text, landing pages, and also will learn about targeting restrictions.
The “Planning your campaign” module is the essence of the whole course. You will learn here how to create, publish, and purchase ads. This lesson teaches you also about Ad Auction and Delivery Overview, explains how reach and frequency buying works, and how to reach your audience in the most effective way.
As measurement, reporting and optimisation are all essential for a Media buyer, the program makes sure you understand all the necessary background.
Success is all about choosing the best marketing objective that maps to your business needs. What’s your goal, and how will you measure if you achieved it?
While finishing your studies – you will know the answer. 🙂
Takeaways for an Effective Exam
Some key takeaways from me for an effective exam course:
- Arm yourself! 🙂 Download (and read through) the official Study guide from HERE. The guide will help you to prepare for the Exam. Note that the videos, transcripts and the study guide are not always matching each other completely, so grab both for the best outcome!
- Be patient and leave yourself enough time to understand every detail. The learning modules show a suspected reading time …. Don’t worry if you would seem slow: those are clearly underestimated at several topics. 🙂 Take your time and relax! If you rush through the modules, you can face some surprisingly tricky questions on the test.
- Practice! If you can, try the learned competencies on a live account. You can create and run some campaigns for practising even with minimal spending.
- Make notes or some screenshots of the essential parts. Although you can come back any time, it will be difficult to remember in which module / which video you met the critical information.
- Apply the “dry theories” to practice. Case studies will help you to understand real business’ problems. Later, when your business client comes to you with similar challenges, this will help you to focus on goals and outcomes.
- Take action – but wisely! As the exam costs approx 150USD per module, I recommend testing your skills several times before starting the certification procedure. Also, with learning through all of the modules, you will find a lot of brand new topics and question-types in the practice-your-skills test.
Remember that the certificate has to be renewed every year. Even if you choose not to go for “the paper”- the Blueprint studies give you a complete overview of the advertising options and help you to explore how to navigate your business through the Facebook products.
Wish you all the best, and enjoy your brand new skills!