In November of 2021, Google announced that Performance Max Campaigns would be coming out of beta. It will be rolling out to advertiser accounts worldwide. If you haven’t heard of Performance Max, you’re not alone. I don’t think many people have heard about them. So in this article, I want to overview what performance max campaigns are and how they work.
First, I want to talk about what performance max campaigns are?
A Performance Max campaign allows businesses to buy and optimize ads across YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail, and Google Maps.
Read More: Facebook Ad and Google Ads Work Better Together!
Businesses utilizing this campaign can promote themselves across all Google Ads inventory, leading to more customers and conversions.
Performance Max helps you achieve your goals in four main ways:
- Increasing conversions and value: Capitalize on conversion opportunities in real-time with automated bid adjustments.
- Finding new customers: Google’s real-time understanding of user intent, behavior, and context can help you target new audience segments with more relevant ads.
- Gaining richer insights: The Insights page now includes data on Performance Max campaigns.
- Working together with automation: Drive better results by providing high-quality creative assets and information about which audiences are likely to convert.
As we can see in this picture above, that shows a couple of people engaging with several different things and different icons. I think the best layout for us advertisers is probably down here. I’ll make this is a little bit bigger so you guys can see it better but. Performance max campaigns are a single campaign type that lets you reach your customers across all of these six different platforms that you see right here:
To reach people across all these different networks, you would have to create at least:
- One video campaign
- One display campaign
- One search campaign
- Discover campaign
To get in all these different placements performances, max rolls all of those into one so that you can reach people across all the networks without having to create all of those other campaigns.
To create a Performance max campaign, we suggest making the following :
- Images, at least 5 are needed with Square and Landscape versions
- Brand Logo, 2 versions (Square & Landscape)
- Video Creatives, Youtube Video URL on your Youtube Channel.
- Headlines, 5 variations with up to 30 characters.
- Long Headlines, 5 variations up to 90 characters.
- Descriptions, 1 with up to 60 characters and 4 variations up to 90 characters.
We will share with you now an example of a performance max campaign that we made in Dec,
As you can see, this is the result of a campaign for only two weeks, which ended up with 3.17 ROAS. There are big chances to improve and optimize in the following weeks, but as starting campaigns, this result of ROAS is fantastic.
If you want us to run your campaigns for the best ROAS, book a call with us here
Let’s see if we’re the right fit.
Let us know what works best for you at this point.
Have a wonderful day,