How to combine efforts in the different advertising platforms to get better performance?
Many businesses decide to run ads on two or three different platforms. But, their strategy is not combined but completely separate.
The best solution is to unite forces to see better results.
We should not think about Google vs. Facebook, but Google AND Facebook.
And what are some of the steps to take to combine your advertising across the different channels? Here are some ideas:
Set up Google display retargeting campaigns to help you close the deal.
If Facebook is your primary platform when acquiring new users. Retargeting by Google Display helps improve the conversion rate of your customers.
Use your brand as a keyword in your search campaigns.
There is more to it than that. Customers jump right to Google Search to look for the brand’s name they have seen on a Facebook Ad.
Make your brand name show on the headlines of your Facebook ads. Set up your Google Search headlines the same way.
So when people lookup for it, your google ad will show right on the top of the screen.
Target audiences on Google based on the main interests and behavior.
The advantage of Facebook allows targetting based on interests, behavior, or lifestyle. Google doesn’t have this option.
But, you can create an audience on Facebook and it on a retargeting Google campaign.
A few more things to keep in mind when combining your advertising across platforms are:
- Make sure that your message is consistent across all platforms.
- Your Facebook and Google campaigns must complement each other.
- Use UTM parameters to have a more clear picture through Google Analytics.
- Exclude the relevant audience from the different remarketing campaigns. Avoid overlapping across platforms.
- People need to see your ads an average of 7 times before deciding to buy. That’s why it is so important to advertise across different platforms.
And what about you? How are your advertising campaigns going?